Consign with us.
Luxe Life provides a sophisticated service for buying and selling your luxury and collectible items through a variety of online transaction venues.
- Advantages of consigning with Luxe Life
- What is the consignment process?
- What is the fee structure?
- What type of items do you accept for resale consignment?
- Why use eBay for standard auctions?
- Why use more than one transaction partner?
- Is the merchandise authentic?
- FREE PICK-UP on qualifying items.
- Our professional staff is committed to excellence in all dealings, and Luxe Life has an extensive local and international network of professionals that assist in authenticating and valuating our consigned items.
- Our multiple Transaction Partner model [Artnet.com, eBay.com & RubyLane.com and our self-hosted site] ensure the largest possible audience of potential buyers in our effort to realize true market value.
- Whether we are coordinating the sale of an entire estate, or selling one or two items from your private collection, Luxe Life ltd. will streamline the process for you and work towards the ultimate goal of exceeding your expectations.
- Your items can be listed for sale as soon as they are evaluated and processed by our team of experts - no need to wait for the one-day platform of traditional auction houses.
- With listing options of "Buy it Now" and "Best Offer" Top Potential Buyers will never miss an auction deadline because your items can be listed immediately.
- If an item does not sell at auction or by the end of the listing period Luxe Life happily relists the item again for no additional fee.
- Our Buy-Now or Best-Offer approach to many of our listings gives you the opportunity to accept or reject listing and offer prices for your item.
- Our Valuation Center displays some of the finest items in our collection at the present time and our frequent Events give attendees an opportunity to preview items prior to bidding or buying.
- Our off-site warehoused items are available for personal preview - call or email us for an appointment
- Full-service Estate Liquidation services are available. We assist our Clients throughout the entire process. If items are not suitable for sale with Luxe Life online representation, we will recruit our Estate Liquidation Partners or Non-Profits to assist in the removal, sale or donation of those items.
- All of our items are listed online with detailed descriptions and multiple photographs from all angles. Our online catalog saves processing time - and trees!
- Our Buyers do NOT pay a commission on their purchase - only shipping and handling. Therefore, they are more likely to buy items without this mark-up included.
- E-Marketing benefits
We take full advantage of what the internet has to offer:
- Frequent social marketing outreach via Facebook & Twitter
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) on all our items
- Multiple transaction partners exponentially increase the potential exposure of your items for sale
- Our aggressive direct sales approach targets specific buyers and helps us achieve outstanding, measurable sales results.
The consignment process
The first step in determining whether you're ready to sell your property is obtaining an estimated value of its worth.
Our staff is pleased to offer complimentary, informal appraisals of the fair market value of your property.
To request an estimate:
- Send digital, low-resolution photographs and basic information such as; receipts and/or the provenance (how did you acquire the piece? What is its history?) along with any additional information that will assist us in identifying and valuating it.
- Print the .pdf version of the Item Valuation Request , New Consignor Info form and mail photographs to us at email@example.com
- Call our Valuation Center at 312.235.2552 to speak to a specialist or account executive on the telephone and/or set up an appointment to bring your property to our Valuation Center for an in-person evaluation.
- Please allow two weeks for us to contact you with your preliminary valuations/estimates.
Please Note: Estimates are preliminary and subject to change upon firsthand inspection of your property. Our staff occasionally visits homes when necessary but it is customary for us to review photographs first.
Estate and Formal Written Appraisal Services
For larger groups of property or estates, please contact info@ShopLuxeLife.com.
After reviewing the item's estimated valuations, the next step in the consignment process is to review a Consignment Agreement for your property, which will be drafted to our mutually agreed upon specifications; including sales commission, insurance charges and policies, photography and shipping fees, and the usage of your name in online or printed marketing, advertising and public relations materials.
We adhere to complete confidentiality unless otherwise noted on the Consignment Agreement.
Delivering Your Property
Once the consignment agreement and presale auction estimates have been discussed and agreed upon an appointment is made to bring in your items, or a Luxe Life account executive can assist you in hiring one of our recommended third party shippers.
Should we arrange your move, Luxe Life ltd. accepts payment through Paypal or Credit Card and must be received prior to item pick-up.
Pre-listing Confirmation of Estimates
We believe that communication is an essential part of the selling process, and our staff will confirm auction estimates and catalogue descriptions shortly after the property arrives at our gallery. A final receipt will be mailed to your home for your records. Any changes or additions may be discussed at this time.
Post-Sale Results and Settlement
Your account executive will present you with the "offers" as they come in, or with the results of the sale once completed. Final sale values may be posted on our website. Settlement checks and statements are mailed out forty days after the sale per the Consignment Agreement.
Standard eBay Listings
Our standard auctions transact through eBay and offer a wide range of items including designer bags, shoes, fashion, collectibles and more.
- 40% of first $2,000 sold
- 35% of $2,000.01 – $4,000
- 20% of remainder
*Based on per item sale values
Although the "market demand" determines the final selling value, we accept items that fit our definition of luxury with a estimated minimum eBay selling value of $75.
NOTE: No minimum commission fees on eBay sold items. If we agree to take the item for sale and process it and it does not sell, you have lost nothing.
Additional fees may apply for onsite photography, timed auctions, minimum reserve requirements etc.
Our standard rates for Premium Collections follow below.
*Please note, Premium Collections are unique and Commission Structures vary by contract. All contracts are negotiated and mutually agreed upon prior to any item sale taking place.
- 40% of first $2,000 sold
- 35% of $2,000.01 – $4,000
- 20% of remainder
Items suitable for resale consignment
FREE pick-up on Designer Fashions". We provide Free pick-up in the Continental US for qualifying Designer Fashions. Simply call or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will walk you through the process.
We accept items which meet our definition of luxury living in today's modern world-unique and best-in-class for both style and quality. This description falls into a range of categories, always quality, always authentic.
Items we've found to be popular sellers are:
Please contact us if you're unsure about the suitability of your item for resale consignment.
Why use eBay for Standard Auctions?
At Luxe Life, we strive to offer our clients the largest potential buying market available, delivering the highest selling value possible. Ebay has proven to be the best online auction venue for a range of luxury categories while serving over 86 million active users in over 39 markets.
Why use more than one transaction partner?
We are committed to reaching the largest and most appropriate buying audience for every category of product we sell. For that reason we personally select each transaction partner we feel represents the "Gold Standard" for that category, thus ensuring the most appropriate sale values for our Selling Clients' items.
Is the merchandise authentic?
All items purchased from Luxe Life have been authenticated utilizing industry standards or, if deemed necessary, certified by one of our Expert Industry Partners. Luxe Life Expert Partnerships are a network of experienced professionals skilled in evaluating an item's authenticity. Whether it be a vintage couture bag, designer fur coat, or antique gold watch its authenticity is assured. If we are unable to authenticate an item, we will qualify its status in the listing or choose not to sell it.